The Floor Plan for Your Lifestyle
November 18, 2016
In your search for a new home, you’ve looked for a community that helps you accomplish specific goals like shortening the commute to work and school or moving closer to family. Now that you’ve found the perfect community, it’s time to start thinking about the floor plan that best fits your lifestyle, family dynamic and future plans.
Tropicana Homes offers a variety of floor plans within each community to best fit the varied needs and family dynamic of each prospective homeowner. These family dynamics range from growing families to empty-nesters to multi-generational households.
We looked through the numerous floor plans offered by Tropicana Homes and considered which features might be beneficial for different family lifestyles. We outlined some of our favorites and why we think they would benefit each family dynamic.
If you have young children or hope to expand your family in the future, floor plans that keep the master bedroom on the same floor as the other bedrooms will allow you to keep a close eye on your babies. Though teaching your children to share their space is a crucial lesson, choosing a floor plan with an extra bedroom or living room will help accommodate your growing family. Some of our favorite growing family oriented floor plans are the Apollo, the Bianka and the Tori 2.
- The Apollo is a two-story home with approximately 2,223 square feet. All four bedrooms are on the second floor, allowing you to walk down the hall to tuck in your children and chase away bad dreams. The open kitchen, dining and family room area on the main level will allow you to easily entertain guests. The Apollo is currently available in La Puesta Del Sol, Tres Sueños, Emerald Park and Sandstone Ranch.
- The Bianka is also a two-story home with approximately 3,393 square feet. The additional footage accommodates an upstairs loft, that would serve perfectly as a playroom. There are three bedrooms upstairs and an extra room that can be used as an office, playroom or additional bedroom. The Bianka is currently available in La Puesta Del Sol.
- The Tori 2 is a two-story home with approximately 2,197 square feet. With four bedrooms and an upstairs loft, there is plenty of room for children to play and grow. The large family room and living room provide abundant space for family time. The Tori is currently available in La Puesta Del Sol, Mesquite Trails, Tres Sueños and Sandstone Ranch.
If you’re an empty-nester, you may be looking to downsize now that your children have moved out to follow their dreams. You may want to keep a guest room for visits, but you can convert an extra bedroom into a hobby room or home office. Some of our favorite downsizing options are the Marcos Modern and the Noel A.
- The Marcos Modern is a single-story home with approximately 1,148 square feet. This three bedroom floor plan provides ample space for an empty-nester, but is still easy to clean and maintain. The Marcos Modern is currently available in Rio Bravo and Tres Sueños.
- The Noel A is also a single-story home with approximately 1,295 square feet. The open kitchen and dining room are connected to the living room, making entertaining a breeze. The bedroom at the front of the home gives a view of the front yard and street, perfect for use as a home office. The Noel A is currently available in Tres Sueños.
With a multi-generational family living in one home, there’s a variety of needs to accommodate. Elderly parents may still be capable of independence but don’t want to navigate stairs and children may be growing toward independence. Some of our favorite options for multi-generational families are the Everidge, the Tuscany and the Janis 5.
- The Everidge is a two-story home with approximately 3,419 square feet. The third garage and main floor bedroom including its own bathroom are perfect for the independent older parent living with their child. The remaining four bedrooms are on the second floor. The home features a balcony and covered patio, providing the opportunity to enjoy an El Paso sunset. The Everidge is currently available in Mesquite Trails, Sandstone Ranch and La Puesta Del Sol.
- The Tuscany is also a two-story home with approximately 2,976 square feet. The home includes a spare bedroom on the main floor allowing the elderly parent to avoid the stairs. The three car garage allows your teenager to park their vehicle or gives you space to store your outdoor/sporting equipment. The four upstairs bedrooms can accommodate a large family or be converted into a playroom or office. The Tuscany is currently available in Mesquite Trails.
- The Janis 5 is a two-story home with approximately 2,486 square feet. Elderly parents will appreciate the master bedroom and bathroom on the main floor that is set apart from the living room, providing a quieter space. The second floor features a second master bedroom and bathroom, two bedrooms and a loft that can serve as a playroom or second living room. The Janis 5 is currently available in Tres Sueños, Mesquite Trails and Sandstone Ranch.
The floor plans listed above are only a fraction of what Tropicana Homes offers. Visit tropicanahomes.com/floorplans to view additional floor plans and learn about the availability of the floor plan in each community. In addition to having a variety of layouts, Tropicana Homes gives homeowners the opportunity to choose from different façades (also known as “elevations”): modern, standard and Mediterranean. Contact Tropicana Homes to learn more about the building process. With Tropicana Homes, you’ve found the ideal community, let us help you find your dream home.